I just can’t believe that it’s already been a week since we took off for one of my favorite cities in the world! It was an incredible trip, and I’ve never done anything like it in such a short amount of time before. I teamed up with a couple of my good friends, and we set off to see as much of D.C. that we could in four days. And when I say we got to visit a lot, I mean we really got to see A LOT. And the cherry on top of an already incredible week was being able to attend my very first photography conference. Justin and Mary present: The Event was such a phenomenal way to begin this new year in my business. On Tuesday I got to learn from some of my favorite photographers in the industry with 12 mini-sessions led by industry leaders like Mary Marantz, Katelyn James, Abby Grace, Hope Taylor, and Jenna Kutcher! I was overwhelmed with all the new information, and I cannot wait to share it with you in the coming months as I use it to shape my business and the future of Nichole Lauren Photography!
Thinking about taking a few days to spend in the city? Here’s how we spent our four days hitting the highlights (pictures are in no particular order):
- Sunday: Eastern Market, Union Station (for dinner), and National Mall/Memorials at Night
- Monday: Mount Vernon (lunch at the Mount Vernon Inn!) and Arlington Cemetery (tomb of the unknown soldier!)
- Tuesday: Justin and Mary present The Event
- Wednesday: National Archives, Washington Monument tour (to the top!), Museum of Natural History (especially the gems & minerals exhibit), National American History Museum, National Art Museum and Portrait Gallery, Georgetown (for sushi & cupcakes!)
- Thursday: White House tour
Be the first to comment